BEAT THE HEAT
It feels like the earth is just beside the sun. It’s been too hot lately and I can’t even move without sweating. With our country’s humid weather and the increasing summer heat, it’s kinda impossible not to pass out. Which I almost experienced earlier this day.
Summer has always been the most awaited season of the year, and we all have our own plans on how to spend it. In my case, it’s the time for me to explore and do the things I couldn’t try during school days. It’s also the time where I get to blog more, especially when summer gets pretty exciting. Even though I have duties on my own and I still do work for my grandfather, as his apprentice/personal driver.
With everything that’s going on, all the escapades that we want to go to or even just having a nice staycation at home, one thing that is much concerned, the scorching heat of the sun. Sometimes even just sitting down, I can already feel the sweat coming out of my pores. It’s insane.
But what can we do? We can’t control the temperature. But if you know someone who can, I think it’s time that you owe him a visit. haha lol Corny jokes aside, I know it’s not funny and I don’t even know why I try. But anyways, the only thing we can do is to take care of ourselves and avoid the chances of getting sun burnt or worse, heat stroke.
Don’t hesitate to equip yourself with summer essentials, Your heat survival kit. And also be aware of some tips and health care reminders.
Here’s my top 5 beat the heat essentials:
- First, KEEP YOUR SELF HYDRATED, You need a lot of H2o in your system. And if you’re not really fund of drinking water, for some reasons, You can also put lemon in your glass to add a refreshing citrus taste.
- SUNSCREEN. the higher the spf, the better. UV rays are dangerous. You may not see how it affects you now but let me just give you this tip. This could save your future self from regrets and from skin diseases.
- HAT/UMBRELLA. A must. With this heat, walking outdoors without these is like walking bare foot.
- SUNGLASSES.There are known eyes diseases that is caused by UV light. So don’t forget to protect those pretty eyes of yours.
- HAND FAN. Sometimes the AC can’t even withstand the heat that you’ll still need this. In my case I got my mini USB fan which I can just connect on my phone. It’s a lifesaver.
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” – F. Scott. Fitzgerald